Saturday, September 1, 2007

Life at NCST-BANGALORE

An average day in the life of a NCST-B Student

7:00 a.m. My alarm clock starts to ring and before I make out I switch it off

7:05 a.m. Another Alarm rings....again the unchanged result

7:30 a.m. Finally I give up...reluctantly roll out of my warm bed

7:35 a.m. The Newspaper is here....so busy in catching up with the happenings
around

8:00 a.m. Start to get ready

8:30 a.m ....time for tea.

9:30 a.m Time to run to Mess....catch up my share of breakfast

9:55 a.m breakfast over and done with....

9:56 a.m Journey Towards the Lecture class (popularly LT) starts........

9:59 a.m Just in time....

10:00 a.m Classes Begin..

11.30 a.m break-time for tea.......

12:00 p.m Time to walk off the same worn paths again....

1.30 p.m time for have a lunch...

2.00 pm may be another session / go for lab session...

4:00 p.m Tea time...Tea joined with discussions ranging from India's Rising Fo rex
Reserve, ITeS and the latest in Hollywood flick

6:00 p.m Time to check mails......inbox.case and assignments....


7:30 p.m Dinner time.what's in the mess today..or should we move to
canteen ?

8:30 p.m back with the books and net surfing for the vital study resources
...a new release could anytime take away the charm of books ???

12:00 p.m Sufficient learning for today......What's the schedule inline for
tomorrow........get geared for that........lest thrown out of c lass

1:00 a.m Time to get to bed.........Good Night.In dreams we shall meet.

That was nothing but description of a normal day in the life of an FPGDST here.. .... Welcome to NCST-B

The days gone by...............the journey has just begun
At times one is intrigued. How could a one week stint make so much of a differen ce in one's life? And then you realize that it does. Everything one does contrib ute to what he is.

As I sit back to describe the life of a fpgdst student here at NCST-B, I clearly remember my first brush with the institute. The first time I entered this lush green campus. I had no idea whether I did in fact be able to make into it or not , but I definitely felt something special about the institute something captiva ting and captivating enough to make you feel like staying back here. And that something captivating is still there. by the way I have completed my first week here. When it comes to describing the institute....well, I actually don't know where to start from

Whether I should first describe the spectacular buildings here, or the beautiful green lawns, the marvelous rock garden or I should talk about the sheer length and breadth of the institutes Who would not want to be apart of the excellent Internet facilities here, with each student provided with computer terminal, the facilities accessible 24 hours, so if at one in the morning you have some idea to work on the Class assignments...labs are just a small walk away. And while wor king if you ever feel like having a break and would love to enjoy a cup of coffee the canteen is just at a walks length.

Going back to our initial days, I can visually recall my first meeting with those who were intended to be my future batchmates. We met during entrance examination, got a bit familiar with each others.Bingo! I was one of those lucky of the eighty-four people selected to the pioneer fpgdst batch of the CDAC-B.

All bags packed.we were in different city, the dreams appeared to be seen, an opportunity and the burning desire to realize those dreams started thumping hard. Surprisingly it took us no time being at ease with each other as we all shared the common goal.the goal to make a mark for ourselves in this competitive world.

Although it took the time but slowly we started to love our new life, all of a sudden the double holiday in a week was impatiently awaited the only day we could sleep for eight hours!!!

1 comment:

N K Nathan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment