Monday, September 10, 2007

First Day at CDAC(NCST) -B

It was the great moment for me to see my name in list of admission for FPGDST(Full Time Post Graduate Diploma in Software Technology) program of NCST.Currently, NCST is also known as C-DAC.But it is famous as NCST.
I knew very good thing about C-DAC. The work ranging from deciphering information from formatted hard-disk and to design and develop India's first Super Computer PARAM.Deciphering hard-disk information as in case of Indian doctors from Bangalore were targeted by some developed ountries.These medical professionals were held responsible for terrorist activities in the countries where they were working. Thiruvanantpuram C-DAC succeeded in deciphering the code. C-DAC handles various GOVT. projects ranging from defence to CBI and the information is very secret. I was very excited that I would be getting an opportunity to pursue my Post Graduate Diploma in such institution of well repute.
It was Saturday morning when I reached Bangalore city railway Station.It took one and half an hour to reach electronic city by auto.Finally, I reached at my destination NCST- Bangalore. At the entrance I put an entry in security's notebook. Security gaurd told me to proceed. While entering the NCST campus I was fascinated by aesthetics of the building. On the first day, C-DAc's green, beautiful, trapezoidal and large campus fascinated me a lot. First time in my life, I have ever seen such a green, well maintained campus of an educational as well as an R & D institute.
Since I joined course late my hostel allotment already finished.But I really very thank full to Mr. Mohammad who consider my request and allot me hostel.When i came NCST my room no is not confermed and security told me to wait till 9am in common room in hostel.I met few of the course students in the Common room . From other students I came to know about the welcome session. I heard from students that one has to burn the midnight oil to clear the course and fulfil the standards set by NCST. Also, one must be an avid programmer to clear MGPA's and MGPT's(Machine Grade Programming Tests).Meanwhile, we had a breakfast. It was puri and veg.Since that day office was closed.so no official came to that day,but security confermed to my room no. by make a call to Mr. Mohammad.After that i got room No f\7.when I entered into my room i saw one person is staying in that room.Who is my room mate vinod kumar.After fresh i go for lunch.Where I met some other students.Who told me some new thing about C-DAC.After the lunch i took rest in my room because i travelled three days on train. I was very tired.
In evening i had tea and then went to playground.After dinner,I sleeped.That was my first night at C-DAC.I enjoyed the very first day... at C-DAC. It was really a memorable and amazing day of my life........

No comments:

Post a Comment