Saturday, September 22, 2007

I attend my first seminar at CDAC on RST...

It was 21'st September.On that day Sawni madam had given presentation on RST(Rhethorical structure theory). In that presentation student of NCST was not allowed to attend. But after request to admin. we were allowed to attend that seminar.When I entered in hall all staff were on there sit and concentrated on presentation.After got a sit in hall, I concentrated on presentation.Since I was not familiar with the topic of presentation,try to understand what is RST. The way madam presenting the topic was superb. It was great opurtuinity for me to learn lots of thing there. First of all I learned what is the correct way of presentation. How to analyze any thing and make understandable to other. I learned what is RS theory. It is such a nice subject and need more research on it. I don't know any thing about it before attend the seminar. After the seminar, now I am able to share some idea about RS theory.
RST is firstly given by William C.Mann and Sandra A.Thompson of university of southern california.Rhethorical structure theory is a theory of Text Organization. That means the text we write are related in some manner. And in RST we finding that relation. RST identifies heirarchic structure in text.It describes the relation between text parts in fuctional terms, identifying both the transition point of relation and the extent of the items related. There are lots of experiment are going on RST around the world. CDAC is one of them. When we find some relation between text then we able to use that relation in various ways.like making auto summarization tool. Infect these are the areas of RST application. `One important thing about RST theory is that RST theory is not language dependent but area of implementation may be language dependent.We can easily see the use of RST in web browser where it is present in form of plug In.
link : RST.....

No comments:

Post a Comment